Judy Belmont, MS, LPC is a licensed psychotherapist and wellness speaker with over 30 year of experience. She has spoken nationally on a variety of mental health, self-improvement and wellness topics, and is a member of The National Speakers Association. With her insights about the common issues and challenges that people face as a foundation, she has spoken extensively on topics including resiliency, positive thinking, positive psychology, communication and managing stress effectively. Judy has provided interactive presentations to all types of workplaces, from small businesses, government agencies to Fortune 500 companies. She has also presented at Governor’s Conferences and Women’s Expos. Her primary focus has been to offer practical, “hands on” strategies to boost emotional resilience, self-empowerment, enhancing personal and workplace wellness. Her interest in the importance of Workplace Wellness led her to form Worksite Insights, where she applies her insights about people and mental health issues to the world of work by offering health and wellness seminars, consultation, Employee Assistance Counseling and troubleshooting to the workplace.
Judy is a regular guest blogger for The American Counseling Association and Life Hack.
Judy has also taught Psychology courses extensively at the college level, as well as Continuing Education courses around the country for mental health professionals. Her zeal for self-help, self-improvement, personal development and life skills education is the foundation of the books she has written. Judy’s two popular books for mental health professionals, 86 TIPS and Tools for the Therapeutic Toolbox and 103 Group Activities and TIPS are continually her mental health publisher, PESI’s, best selling books. Those books were designed to offer mental health professionals and trainers practical guidance to coach emotional resiliency. She is the co-author of a whimsical, self-help book on resiliency and wellness, The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life, along with two accompanying workbooks which will be released in winter, 2011. Judy has also written a 48 page self-help manual, The Therapeutic Companion, that has been effective with both clients and in corporate wellness programs. In 2011, Judy was accepted as a member of The American Society for Journalists and Authors. She is also a member of The American Society for Training and Development. Judy holds a B.S. in Psychology from The University of Pennsylvania and an M.S. in Clinical Psychology from Hahnemann Medical College. She resides in Allentown, PA.
Judy can be found on Facebook, Linked In and Twitter @judybelmont.
Sample of where Judy Has Spoken:
Conferences and Conventions
- NJ Governors Conference for Women – Atlantic City, NJ
- PA Governor’s Conference for Women – Pittsburgh, PA
- The Motivation Show Mexico Event – Chicago, IL.
- American Society for Training & Development – Bethlehem, PA
- State of Delaware Mental Health Summer Institute – Newark, DE
- Meeting Planners International – Maryland
- American Society for Association Executives – Washington, D.C.
- Pennsylvania Counseling Association – State College, PA
- National Association of Legal Secretaries – Alexandria, VA
- Potomac Meeting Professional International Conference, MD
- The Philadelphia Area Chapter of Meeting Professionals International – Philadelphia, PA
- International Association for Administrative Professionals, PA Chapter
- Society for Human Resource Management Diversity Conference, Bethlehem, PA
- School Administrative Professionals Conference, Orefield, PA
Workplace Training Seminars
- Mack Truck
- Victaulic Corporation
- Orasure Technologies
- Lehigh County, PA
- Northampton County, PA
- Air Products
- St. Christopher’s Hospital
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Easton Hospital
- Belmont Behavioral Health
- Progressive Physicians Group
- Good Shephard Hospital
- Just Born
- Piercing Pagoda
- BEF Industries
- Various Nursing Homes, Phila. PA
College Adjunct Professor
Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Learning, Educational Psychology, Social Psychology, Personality
- Penn State College – Lehigh/ Campus, PA
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA
- Northampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA
- Nasson College, Springvale, ME
- Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
Seminar and Training Organizations
- PESI INC.
- CMI Education
- Social Work PRN
- Penn State Corporate Training
- East Penn School District, Allentown
- Intermediate Unit, Lehigh County, PA
- NCCC Center for business and Industry
- Center for Humanistic change